Hot Chilli pesto crostini with whipped ricotta & charred peppers
Get ready for a fiery feast with our Hot Chilli Pesto Crostini! Topped with a dollop of whipped ricotta and charred peppers, it packs a punch with the addition of a Filippo Berio’s Hot Chili Pesto Sauce. A perfect balance of heat and creaminess!
- 1 baguette (1-2 days old)
- 25ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 240g ricotta
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 red pepper
- Filippo Berio Hot Chilli pesto
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- Thinly slice the baguette. Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Pour a generous glug of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil into pan and dip slices on both sides so they are lightly covered.
- Bake for 10 minutes, they should be golden. If they need an extra 5 minutes then turn them first before cooking an extra 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Place the red pepper directly onto the flame on a gas hob, turn regularly until black all over. If you don’t have a gas hob you can cut the pepper into four, remove seeds and grill with skin sides up until charred. Remove skin and roughly chop.
- Use a stick blender or hand mixer to whip up the ricotta with the salt.
- Spread the hot chilli pesto onto the crostini, top with the whipped ricotta and some red pepper.
- Drizzle with Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.