Guinea Fowl with Vin Santo & Grapes
Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: 80
- 1 3kg guinea fowl (or chicken)
- 100ml Filippo Berio olive oil
- 20g fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves
- 500g seedless red grapes
- 200ml vin santo
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/160c fan/gas mark 4
- Place the bird in a roasting tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the garlic, grapes (in small bunches) and rosemary sprigs.
- Pour in the wine and 100ml water and return to the oven for a further 30 minutes or until the bird is cooked through and juices run clear when a knife is inserted in between the thigh and the breast.
- Remove the Guinea fowl, garlic, grapes and rosemary and put onto a serving platter. Cover the bird with foil to rest.
- Pour the juices from the tray into a pan, stir in the flour and cook over a low heat for 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 3-5 minutes and season to taste. Serve with the guinea fowl, grapes, garlic and rosemary and a bowl of fresh cavolo nero.