Grilled Vegetables with Nutty Topping
This assortment of nutty grilled vegetables are garlicky and delicious and are the perfect condiment to any meat or fish dish. An easy and quick to make recipe that always gets great reviews!
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 8 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium courgettes
- 1 yellow and 2 red peppers, deseeded
- 1 large aubergine
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped herbs, eg: parsley, oregano
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 50g chopped hazelnuts or peanuts
- Mix 5tbsp of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil with seasoning.
- Cut the courgettes lengthways into thick slices, quarter the peppers lengthways and slice the aubergine slightly on the diagonal. Brush all the vegetables with the seasoned oil.
- Grill all the vegetables for 6-10 minutes on the barbecue, turning them until charred and tender, brushing with the oil.
- Arrange the vegetables on a serving plate. Drizzle over the rest of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and scatter with fresh herbs.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a low heat before adding garlic, breadcrumbs and nuts; stir over a medium heat until crisp and golden. Season and sprinkle over the vegtables.
Cooks tipsFor corn-on-the-cob, remove the husks and threads (if not already prepared) and brush the cobs with herb oil marinade. Wrap in foil and place on the barbecue, turning the packages with tongs. Unwrap, season with salt and serve.