Grilled Vegetable Couscous Salad
Capture the flavours of summer with this nutritious and colorful couscous salad with Harissa-inspired dressing. With peppers, courgettes and coriander, this makes for the perfect al fresco lunch.
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 250g couscous
- 300ml (½pt) hot vegetable stock
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 medium courgettes, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 2-3 small red onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
Harissa Style Dressing:
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- Put the couscous into a large bowl, pour the hot stock over, stir then leave to stand until cold. Meanwhile, put all the vegetables into a bowl, add the 2 tbsp of olive oil and toss together.
- Heat a griddle pan, add a layer of vegetables and cook over a high heat until charred on the edges, remove to a plate then cook the rest of the vegetables in the same way.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together. Fork through the couscous until fluffy then add the dressing and mix well until all the grains are coloured from the dressing. Add the cooled vegetables and coriander, then toss together and serve at room temperature.