Grilled Monkfish with Red Wine Sauce
This recipe was created in collaboration with Great British Chefs. Check out their website by clicking the logo below.
- 4 monkfish fillets, each 150g
- 1 lemon
- Filippo Berio Olive Oil, for coating
- 90g sugar
- 90ml water
- 90ml Filippo Berio Red Wine Vinegar
- 150ml port
- 600ml red wine
- 30ml Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar
- 45ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Begin by making the red wine sauce. In a small saucepan combine the water and sugar over a medium heat until it reaches a light caramel.
- Add the vinegar and reduce by two thirds, then add the port and red wine and reduce to a syrup.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and whisk in the olive oil. Season to taste and pass through a fine sieve.
- When ready to cook the monkfish, season the fish with a little salt and brush all over with a little oil.
- Cook on a hot griddle pan or on the grill of a barbecue for 4-5 minutes, until cooked through and slightly scorched. Squeeze over some fresh lemon juice.
- Place the monkfish fillets on plates and drizzle over the red wine sauce. Serve with some chargrilled vegetables, such as courgettes and asparagus, or fresh salad leaves if preferred.