Sides & Salads
Griddled Peach and Broccoli Salad
This salad is rich in vitamins, antioxidants, healthy fats and irresistible Italian flavours. The herby cashew cheese is also a healthy alternative to store bought processed vegan cheese. Substitute different fruit and vegetables for whatever is in season. The cashew cheese can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 2 just ripe peaches or nectarines, halved, stone removed and each cut into 8 wedges
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 250g cooked freekeh or quinoa
- 75g mixed watercress, spinach and rocket leaves
For the Cashew Herb Cheese:
- 100g raw cashews soaked for at least 6 hours, or overnight
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest and 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped herbs, such as basil, chives and parsley
- To make the cashew cream cheese, drain the soaked cashews and place in a food processor, with the lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and seasoning. Blend until you have a thick paste, scraping the sides down from time to time. Add the water 1 tbsp at a time until you have a smooth consistency. You can also make it ahead of time and refrigerate it.
- Heat a griddle pan, when hot, add the peaches, cook for 2 minutes each side, until they have good griddle marks.
- Meanwhile toss the broccoli in 1 tbsp of Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil. Add to the hot griddle pan and cook for 2 minutes each side until lightly charred.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and season to taste.
- Arrange the leaves on plate, scatter over the freekeh, add the broccoli and peach slices, spoon over the cheese and drizzle over the dressing.
- Serve immediately with a good grind of black pepper.
The cashew cheese can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.