Griddled Chicken with Conchiglie, Rocket and Asparagus
This light and tasty twist on a salad is the perfect summer dish, blending together a variety of flavours to create a healthy but flavorsome meal which can be enjoyed at any time.
- 225g conchiglie (shell shaped) pasta
- 250g bundle of asparagus
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 50g packet rocket
- 120g sunblush tomatoes
- 40g pine nuts, lightly toasted in a dry frying pan
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Trim the woody ends off the asparagus and cut into 5cm lengths. Place in a steamer over the boiling pan of pasta and cook for 5 minutes. Remove and set to one side while continuing to cook the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the griddle pan or heavy frying pan, brush the chicken portions with a little of the Olive Oil then place on the griddle pan. Cook over a medium high heat for about five minutes on each side or until cooked through (the juices should run clear when a skewer is inserted in the centre of the breast). While the chicken is cooking, put the remaining Olive Oil in a bowl with the vinegar and mustard, season with salt and pepper and whisk together.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain well then return to the pan. Roughly chop the rocket and add to the pasta with the asparagus, tomatoes and pine nuts, add the dressing and mix well to combine. Divide between 4 warmed plates and top with the chicken breast.
Cooks tipsFor a vegetarian alternative, replace the chicken breast with cubes of mozzarella.