Griddled British Asparagus, Crab & Watercress Sandwiches
Upgrade the way you eat lunch with this rich and luxurious twist on a classic sandwich recipe.
- 300g British asparagus spears
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 300g fresh crab meat (half white/half brown meat)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices thick-cut granary bread
- 85g watercress
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil to finish
- Heat a griddle pan to hot. Lightly brush the asparagus with olive oil and cook on the griddle, turning occasionally, for around 5 minutes or until tender.
- Whilst the asparagus is cooking mix the crab meat with the mayonnaise and season to taste.
- Moisten the slices of bread with Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and arrange the watercress on top of each piece, followed by a pile of the crab mixture lightly dusted with a pinch of paprika.
- Top each slice of bread with the asparagus, drizzle with Filippo Berio Extra Virgin and serve immediately.