- 12-16 medium size asparagus spears
- 4-5 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly shaved Parmesan cheese (Optional)
- Snap the hard woody ends off the asparagus spears, or trim with a sharp knife.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the asparagus and blanch for 1 minute. Using tongs, remove the asparagus from the water and place immediately in a bowl of iced water to cool. Drain well and dry on kitchen paper.
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Brush the spears with olive oil and place on the griddle. Cook over a medium high heat, turning occasionally until they are nicely marked and browned on each side.
- Lift onto serving plates, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper, scatter over the Parmesan before serving.