Green Beans with Cranberries & Goat Cheese
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 1kg green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 tsp of Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 6 slices bacon
- 100g fresh cranberries
- 125g goat cheese, crumbled
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
- Add the green beans to the pan using oil to coat the beans and pan. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, tossing occasionally until the green beans start to “char”. At this point, cover the skillet with a lid and let steam for another 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the cranberries and sauté for another 2 minutes until the cranberries are warmed through and starting to burst. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate the green beans with the cranberries, crumble the goat cheese and bacon on top and serve warm.