Greek Baked Fish with Vegetables
- 900g whole fish, cleaned and cut in serving portions
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 120ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped (or 1 can chopped tomatoes)
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 large lemon, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 250g spinach
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 180ml dry white wine
- 180ml tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 190°F. Rub fish with lemon juice and 2 tbsp olive oil; set aside in fridge.
- Heat 60ml olive oil in large skillet set over medium heat. Stir in garlic, tomatoes, onions, green pepper, lemon slices, parsley, spinach, courgette and celery; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Carefully stir in wine, tomato sauce and pepper; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place fish in centre of large baking dish; top with vegetable mixture. Layer potato slices over top; brush lightly with remaining olive oil. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until fish is cooked through.