Goats Cheese, Fennel and Orange Bruschetta
This delicious and zesty combination can be served as a refreshing salad, but in this recipe it has been combined with soft goats cheese to make a tasty topping for a bruschetta! Quick and simple to make in under 10 minutes, it is perfect for al fresco dining!
- 1 orange
- 1 fennel bulb
- 200g soft goats cheese
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large slices, or 4 smaller slices of bread for toasting, such as sourdough or ciabatta
- Firstly, prepare your fennel. Save fronds for garnishing. Slice your fennel vertically from top to bottom and remove the harder core part by cutting into the 'V' of the bulb. Then finely slice or grate the fennel and add to a bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of half a small lemon (1 tbsp) over the fennel.
- Next, peel the orange and cut into rounds or segments. Add these to your fennel and add 2 tbsp of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Stir with a spoon or mix with your hands.
- Now toast your bread. We prefer to grill ours or use a griddle pan, brush with olive oil and toast both sides. If you wish, when warm, rub a clove of garlic into the bread too.
- Spread the goats cheese over the bread and top with the fennel and orange. You can also serve this as a salad on its own.