Goats Cheese and Pesto Frittata
Frittata is a traditional Italian egg based dish, very similar to an omelette. If you cant find a firm goats cheese, this deliciously tangy frittata will work just as well with feta cheese. It can be eaten hot straight from the oven but is probably best served at room temperature to allow the flavours to mellow.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- 8 spears of asparagus, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- 100g firm goats cheese, sliced
- 80g rocket leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan assisted)/ Gas Mark 6.
- Add the olive oil to a non-stick frying pan and cook the garlic over a medium heat for 30 seconds or until just brown.
- Add the asparagus and peas and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt an freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the peas, asparagus and the Filippo Berio Classic Pesto. Tip the mixture into a large oven proof frying pan.
- Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Dot over the goats cheese slices and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Scatter over the rocket leaves and serve with a drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.