This traditional Italian gnocchi recipe combines the intense flavors of capers, black olives and anchovies to create a mouthwatering and delicious meal which does not disappoint. If you love strong flavors, then this recipe is for you!
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets (packed in oil) chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 115g Italian black olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2x 400g packs ready-made potato gnocchi
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic, and chilli and cook gently for 4-5 minutes. Add the anchovies, tomatoes, oregano and capers and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce is thick and pulpy.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the gnocchi and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they rise to the surface. Drain and return to the pan.
- Add the sauce, olives and parsley and toss together.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.