Skip to content
Garganelli pasta with chorizo and peas
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 150g of dried garganelli pasta
- 120g fresh peas
- 180g chorizo, skinned and chopped
- 25ml Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 15ml Filippo Berio Garlic Flavoured Oil
- 15g butter
- 25ml of double cream
- 5g flat leaf parsley
- 5g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- Blanch the peas in salted boiling water for 3 minutes before draining and retaining the water.
- Add both the Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil and Filippo Berio Garlic Oil to a pan with the chorizo. Sweat for 1–2 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of the water from the peas to the pan, followed by the cooked peas, butter and cream. Stir to combine, then finish with the chopped parsley and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 8–10 minutes until cooked.
- Add the drained garganelli pasta to the sauce and toss together with the Parmesan and a tablespoon of the pasta water.
- To serve, divide the pasta between two plates and sprinkle over some freshly grated Parmesan.