Fruit and Nut Bars
- 115g self-raising flour
- 115g porridge oats
- 150ml Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 115g golden syrup
- 115g soft light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 apple eg. Granny Smith, peeled, cored and grated
- 115g no-soak apricots, chopped
- 50g flaked almonds
- Pre-heat the oven to 160ºC/325ºF/Gas Mark 3. Grease a 28x18cm baking tin and line with baking parchment.
- Place the flour and oats into a large bowl and stir together.
- Put the Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil, syrup, and sugar into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour onto the dry ingredients and add the milk and egg at the same time and mix well. Stir in the apples and apricots and half of the almonds.
- Turn into the prepared tin, level the surface and scatter over the remaining almonds.
- Bake for 50 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Leave to cool before cutting into 16-18 bars.