French Beans with Tomato Sauce
This dish improves in flavour over time, so try and make it the night before. Serve hot or cold.
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 400g can Cirio Plum Tomatoes, chopped
- 400g French beans, trimmed
- First make the tomato sauce. Heat the Filippo Berio Classico olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stir. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until the sauce has reduced and thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the beans in a large pan of salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Drain and tip into the tomato sauce. Stir and serve with a drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.