Filled Pasta Three Ways
This recipe will use a basic pasta dough recipe to make tortelli parcels but is equally suitable for making all types of pasta. There are three filling options: Spinach & Ricotta, Squash, Sage & Mascarpone and finally Potato & Leek. You can find these simple recipes in the 'Pasta' section of our recipe page.
Traditionally, tortelli (filled pasta) is served with melted butter and sage (burro e salvia). However, these delicious recipes would work equally well with many sauces.
Serves: Dough plus 1 filling serves 4
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 300g 00 grade flour, plus extra for kneading
- 100g semolina flour
- 3 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and semolina flour together.
- Make a well in the flour mix and place the whole eggs, egg yolks, Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil and 2 tbsp cold water into the well, then mix together with a fork.
- Begin drawing the flours into the liquid mix until fully incorporated and it forms a dough.
- Transfer onto a floured work surface and begin kneading the dough until smooth. Add more flour or water if the dough is either too stiff or too wet.
- Once smooth, wrap in cling film and leave to rest for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested, cut the dough in half to work in two batches and flour a surface. Using a rolling pin, roll until thin enough to fit through the thickest setting on the pasta machine.
- Roll through the machine on each setting once until you get to the last but one thickness. Stop and cut the dough into 2 equal pieces.
- Brush one side of rolled dough with water and then place teaspoons of the filling on the dough, leaving space between each one.
- Place the other piece of dough on top and cut a square shape around each filling using a cutter or knife.
- Transfer to a lightly dusted tray whilst you make the remaining tortelli parcels.
- Once all are made, cook in a large pan of boiling salted water for about 3 minutes until al dente. Transfer to a pan with a sauce of your choice to heat until well coated.