Fennel & Garlic crostini topped with chargrilled Artichokes, Basil & Lemon Ricotta
Crunchy, creative, crowd-pleasing Christmas canapés are the ideal way to get the party started!
A store cupboard festive staple, perfect for unexpected guests like Father Christmas or for producing a show stopping starter in minutes.
To make them even more perfect, bring out your inner-Italian with this range of recipes for delicious mini bites that go perfectly with your favourite Christmas cocktail or a crisp cold glass of Prosecco.
- 100g Filippo Berio Fennel & Garlic Crostini’s
- 195g chargrilled artichokes, quartered
- 150g ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon
- 1-2 crushed garlic cloves
- Bunch of basil
- Bunch of lemon thyme
- Sea salt & black cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a bowl, add the ricotta cheese and soften with a spoon, add in some chopped basil, garlic cloves, squeeze of lemon, extra virgin olive oil and season to taste then set aside for later.
- Prepare the canapes by laying the crostini's onto a flat tray, spoon a small layer of the ricotta cheese onto the crostini and top with a piece of artichoke.
- Finish with a sprig of lemon thyme and sprinkle with black cracked pepper.