Fennel and Orange Salad
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 2 large oranges
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 75g small baby spinach leaves
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (e.g. parsley)
- Peel the oranges, removing as much pith as possible, then segment them over a bowl to catch the juices.
- Trim the fennel, reserving the fronds, and cut into thin strips. Place the orange segments, fennel and onion into a bowl,
- Add the washed spinach leaves and chopped fennel fronds, toss together.
- Whisk the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and reserved orange juice with a little seasoning, add to the salad. Toss again, then scatter over the chopped herbs. Divide between four shallow bowls and serve.