Dark chocolate Soufflé
A soufflé is an baked egg-based dish that can be used as a main dish or sweetened for a desert like in this deliciously chocolaty recipe. It can be easily doubled and garnished with fresh berries if desired.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
- 100g 70% cocoa dark chocolate
- 1/2 tbsp Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 30ml double cream
- 3 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 115g cup granulated sugar (approx.)
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease two ramekins with olive oil and dust with sugar.
- In double boiler, melt chocolate, 1/2 tbsp olive oil and cream; let cool.
- Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Whisk egg yolks into cooled chocolate mixture; fold in egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar.
- Pour into prepared ramekins; bake for 15 minutes.