- 2 small individual ciabatta sticks or 1 small, thin French stick
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pesto and Prawn
- 1 tomato, skinned and diced
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 6 cooked and peeled large or tiger prawns
- 6 small basil leaves
Tuna with Herbs and Olives
- 80g can tuna chunks in brine
- A few sprigs dill or parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 25g black or green olives, pitted and sliced
Egg and Bacon
- 2 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 large egg, hard-boiled
- Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas Mark 5.
- Cut the ciabatta or French stick into thin slices about 5mm thick. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle or brush with the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Bake for 10 minutes until light golden. (These can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container)
- Halve the tomato, discard the seeds and dice into very small pieces. Mix this into the pesto sauce and spread on six of the toast slices, placing a tiger prawn on each. Brush lightly with Filippo Berio Olive Oil and garnish with basil leaves. If preferred, replace the prawns with a small spoonful of creamy goat's cheese
- Drain the tuna and mash with a fork, add the herbs and Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and mix everything together. Season then add in the olives. Spoon onto 6 of the toast slices and add a small sprig of herb if desired.
- Grill the bacon until crisp, drain on kitchen paper then chop finely. Chop the egg and mix into the mayonnaise with the bacon, season with salt and pepper. Carefully spoon onto about 6 toast slices and garnish with a sprinkle of finely snipped chives.