Frittata is an egg-based dish similar to an omelette. It is typically made using pasta which we’ve substituted here with courgetti. So it’s packed with vegetables and is just as tasty hot or cold!
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 2 courgettes, spiralized or 275g courgetti
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 50 g roasted peppers, from a jar, drained and chopped
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1 tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Crisp green salad, to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp of the Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil in a 23 cm frying pan with an ovenproof handle. Add the courgetti and peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes, until just softened. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper to absorb any excess water.
- Add the remaining oil and add onions, cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until starting to caramelize. Stir in the courgetti and peppers.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with the herbs and season with salt and pepper, add most of the Parmesan cheese, reserving a little for later. Pour into the pan and cook without stirring over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until almost set. Sprinkle over the reserved Parmesan cheese and place under a preheated grill - cook for 2 minutes until golden.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve with a green salad.