Courgette and Pea Frittata
- 175g freshly podded peas (about 450g in pod)
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium courgettes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 25g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Drop the peas into a small pan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes then drain.
- Heat a 23cm non-stick frying pan and add the Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil. Cook the onion for about 3-4 minutes over a medium heat until softened then add the courgettes. Fry the courgettes for 5 minutes or until they begin to soften. Meanwhile, preheat the grill.
- Add the drained peas and herbs to the pan.
- Beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper and then pour over the vegetables. Reduce the heat and cook for about 5 minutes or until the eggs are almost set.
- Carefully lift an edge of the frittata with a palette knife to check the underside which should be golden.
- Scatter the Parmesan cheese over the frittata and put under the grill for 1-2 minutes or until just set and golden. Cut the frittata into wedges and serve warm or slide onto a plate and serve cold for a picnic with crusty bread.
Cooks tipsWhen fresh peas are available this is a great way to eat them, thawed frozen peas can always be substituted. This frittata also tastes delicious if mint is added instead of tarragon.