Classic Pesto crostini with tomato, buffalo mozzarella & rocket
Prepare your tastebuds for a treat with this Classic Pesto Crostini! Made with Filippo Berio's Classic Basil Pesto Sauce, it’s elevated by the addition of succulent tomatoes, creamy buffalo mozzarella, and peppery rocket. A true masterpiece of taste, this crostini is sure to impress!
- 1 baguette (1-2 days old)
- 25ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5-10 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Buffalo mozzarella
- Small bunch of rocket
- 1 jar Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black pepper
- Thinly slice the baguette. Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Pour a generous glug of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil into pan and dip slices on both sides so they are lightly covered.
- Bake for 10 minutes, they should be golden. If they need an extra 5 minutes then turn them first before cooking an extra 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Chop tomatoes into quarters and break up the mozarella into small pieces.
- Spread the pesto on the crostini bases. Place a piece of mozarella, a tomato quarter or two and rocket onto each base.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and top with Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.