- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 tbsp lemon juice (approx.)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil (approx.)
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Assorted cut-up fresh vegetables
- Pitta bread, sliced
- Oil-cured black olives (optional)
- In blender or food processor, place chickpeas, lemon juice, 60ml water, tahini, olive oil, garlic and cumin; process until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust consistency with additional lemon juice or water if desired.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with vegetables and pitta bread; garnish with olives (if using), and drizzle with additional olive oil if desired.