Classic Hand-cut Chips
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 900g potatoes, peeled
- Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil for deep frying
- Half fill a large deep pan or deep fat fryer with the Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil and heat to 160ºC/325ºF/Gas Mark 3.
- Cut the potatoes into chips about 1cm in thickness. Rinse in cold water, drain then pat dry on kitchen paper.
- Deep fry about a quarter of the chips for 5 minutes or until they are very pale golden. Remove from the hot Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil and drain on kitchen paper. Fry remainder in batches.
- Increase the temperature of the Mild & Light Olive Oil to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas Mark 5.
- Re-fry the chips in batches for 1 minute or until they turn golden brown and crisp. Drain well and serve.