Citrus Lemon Biscotti
Ferragosto is an Italian holiday of feast and rest, celebrated on the 15th of August. These Citrus Lemon & Olive Oil Biscotti are a perfect treat for the upcoming holiday, great for sharing with family and friends!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 320g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 100g ground raw almonds
- 2 large eggs
- 200g sugar
- 120ml Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In one medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and almonds.
- In another medium bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and extract for 1 minute until blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just blended.
- Move dough onto a clean counter and knead by hand until a smooth dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces, then shape each into 12-inch logs about 1.5 inches high.
- Place the logs on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool 10 minutes, then cut into 1/2-inch slices using a serrated knife.
- Reduce the heat to 135C and place the cookies flat, laying side by side on the baking sheet.
- Bake for another 8 minutes, carefully turn over and then bake for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Cool completely, then store in an airtight container.