Chocolate, Olive Oil and Sea Salt Brownies
It's amazing what a little bit of sea salt can do to enhance the flavour of chocolate cake! And using Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, our cake recipe is not only easy to make, its also moist and mouth-watering. Guaranteed to impress at any dinner party.
- 300ml milk
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 275g caster sugar
- 200g self raising flour
- 75g cocoa, sifted
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp course sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 23cm by 33cm tin.
- Warm the milk and chocolate together until melted. Remove from the heat and set to one side.
- In a large bowl, stir the dry ingredients together until fully mixed.
- Whisk the oil into the chocolate mixture, followed by the egg and vanilla essence.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the olive oil mixture. Beat until smooth and fully mixed.
- Pour into the prepared tin and sprinkle over the salt flakes. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean,
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the tin. Once cool, cut the cake into 16 squares. Store in an airtight tin.