- 175g good quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 3 tbsp very strong coffee (e.g. Espresso)
- 1-2 tbsp brandy (depending on taste)
- 100ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Break the chocolate into a bowl, place over a small pan of simmering water and allow to melt. Remove the bowl from the pan and allow to cool until lukewarm.
- Meanwhile, put the egg yolks and sugar into a large bowl and whisk until thick and pale in colour. Whisk in the coffee, brandy and Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Then gradually fold in the melted chocolate.
- Whisk the egg white until almost stiff, quickly fold in a large tablespoon to the chocolate mixture until smooth. Add the rest of the egg white and lightly fold in, trying not to beat out the air.
- Pour the mixture into 8 small dishes or 6 large shot glasses and place in the refrigerator until set.
- Serve cold with fresh berries.
Cooks tipsSprinkle some extra grated chocolate or flakes of chocolate over the top of each mousse, for an extra touch of luxury.