This homemade granola is the perfect energy boosting breakfast recipe packed with oats, nuts, flax seeds, chia seeds and even chocolate! This recipe makes a large batch which can be stored in a jar or airtight tub to use throughout the week. This recipe was kindly shared by food blogger EpiVegan for our vegan meal plan. Click the logo below to check out Brett's website!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 2½ cups whole unrolled oats
- 3/4 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cups walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup dark chocolate vegan chunks
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix together the oats, pecans, walnuts, flour, salt, and cinnamon and set to one side.
- Whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the oil mixture over the oat mixture and stir fully combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly on to a rimmed baking sheet. Make sure it covers the area and is not piled over itself.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through at 20 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Add in the chocolate chunks and combine.
- Serve with non-dairy milk or yogurt and fruit of your choice!