Chinese Chicken and Pak Choy
A healthier alternative to ordering a Chinese takeaway, that tastes just as good if not better! Get the recipe below!
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2.5cm piece root ginger, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed, halved and cut into lengths
- 225g pak choy, trimmed
- 1 tsp cornflour
- ½ tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 150ml chicken stock
- Heat half the Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil in a large frying pan or wok; season the chicken skin with salt. Add the chicken skin side down to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until the skin is crisp and golden. Remove from the pan and thinly slice.
- Wipe out the pan; heat the remaining Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil until hot then stir fry the sliced chicken for 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the ginger, garlic, spring onions and pak choy; stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Blend the cornflour to a smooth paste with the Chinese 5 spice and soy sauce. Add to the pan with the chicken stock and cook until the sauce boils and thickens. Serve with sesame noodles.