Chilli & Garlic Prawns
Simple and easy to make, these Chilli & Garlic Prawns are perfect for a seafood starter, and pack a punch too!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: About 8 Minutes
- 150 ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 12-16 shell-on king prawns, cleaned
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pour the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a large, deep frying pan and set over a low-medium heat.
- When shimmering, add the chilli and garlic. Fry gently for 3-4 minutes until the garlic is sizzling and fragrant but not too brown.
- Turn up the heat slightly, then add the king prawns. Fry for about 3 minutes, turning once, until pink and cooked.
- Transfer to a bowl and pour over the garlicky chilli oil. Season and serve with crusty bread and a squeeze of lemon.