Chicory and Orange Salad
A light salad perfect as a side dish with Indian style meals
Categories: Sides & Salads
For the salad:
- 2-3 heads of chicory, washed and dried
- 3 oranges, zest of one orange, then peel all and cut into segments
- 100g/4oz pitted black olives, cut in half lengthways
For the dressing :
- 6tbsp. Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 2tbsp. fresh orange juice (reserved from the cut segments)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. small sprigs of fresh thyme
- Arrange the chicory oranges and olives onto 4 serving plates.
- Put all the dressing ingredients into a screw top jar and shake well. Season to taste. Pour over the salad just before serving.
Cooks tipsAn excellent way to enjoy the unique taste of chicory. Serve with Italian style bread. Alternatively, use red and green chicory.