Chickpea and Kale Pasta
The perfect go-to pasta dish for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner or to meal prep for the week. Ready in 25 minutes!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 200g kale, stems removed and leaves julienned
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 100g small tomatoes, quartered
- 450g casarecce, radiatori or other similarly shaped pasta
- 2 tbsp grated vegan cheese (Optional)
- Warm olive oil in large sauté pan set over medium heat. Stir in onion; cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add kale, thyme, sage and garlic; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until kale is wilted.
- Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes and salt to taste; reduce heat to low.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 8 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain well; stir into chickpea mixture in sauté pan. Toss over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes or until pasta has soaked up most of the sauce but is still very moist.
- Sprinkle with vegan cheese of your choice to serve!