Chicken with Peppers and Cashews
A very simple recipe that gives an otherwise plain dish a nutty and peppery kick!
- 4 whole chicken legs or 8 chicken pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Small bunch of fresh thyme
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 1 large lemon, thickly sliced
- 200ml chicken stock
- 120ml dry white wine
- 20 black olives, pitted
- Flat leaf parsley, freshly chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Add the nuts and stir fry for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown all over. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and chicken to the wok and stir fry for 6-8 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown.
- Add the peppers and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, mange tout and spring onions and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Blend the remaining ingredients together and add to the wok with the nuts; stir fry for 1 minute. Serve with noodles or rice.