Chicken with Lemon and Thyme
- 4 whole chicken legs or 8 chicken pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Small bunch of fresh thyme
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 1 large lemon, thickly sliced
- 200ml chicken stock
- 120ml dry white wine
- 20 black olives, pitted
- Flat leaf parsley, freshly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the chicken legs in at the joints and cut away as much visible fat as possible. In a large bowl, mix the Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil, garlic and about a tablespoon of leaves from the thyme; season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the chicken pieces and coat well with the mixture. Transfer to a roasting tin.
- Place the lemon slices on top and roast for 30 minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock and wine over, add olives and continue to roast for a further 20 minutes.
- Lift the chicken pieces onto warmed plates, place the roasting tin on the stove and boil rapidly to reduce the juices a little. Pour the juices over the chicken and scatter the chopped parsley on top.