Chicken Thighs with Thyme
Butternut squash is often peeled before cooking but, not only is the skin edible, leaving the skin on makes it quicker to prepare and locks in all its nutrients, Like so many other vegetables, roasting Butternut squash with Filippo Berio Olive creates a wonderful tasty treat. In this recipe the combination of the nutty and sweet vegetable and the succulent chicken creates a perfect winter dish.
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive oil
- 1 small butternut squash, deseeded and sliced, but with the peel left on
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 large chicken thighs
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 lemon sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Toss the squash with half the Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil in a roasting tin and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the red onion, garlic, thyme and lemon to the squash before topping with the chicken. Drizzle over the remainging Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil season.
- Cook for a futher 35 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked through and squash is tender. Season to taste.