- 450g Chicken livers
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled & diced
- 4 sage leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 1 anchovy fillet, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 60ml brandy
- 1 ciabatta
- Trim the chicken livers and remove all of the sinew
- In a large frying pan, warm 2tbsp olive oil. Add the onion, sage, rosemary and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often, until the onion is soft but not coloured
- Stir in the anchovy and drained capers and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes. Remove the pan and set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining olive oil and when hot, add the chicken livers and season with salt and black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes until the chicken livers are just pink inside.
- Stir the onion mixture into the chicken livers and add the brandy. Cook until the brandy is evaporated. Remove and season to taste.
- Put the chicken liver mixture into a food processor and pulse briefly until you have a coarse texture.
- To make the crostini: thinly slice the ciabatta, brush with olive oil and griddle both sides. Top with the chicken livers and a drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil