Chicken Burger with Home-Made mayonnaise
- 4 small skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 4 Ciabatta or large hamburger buns, cut in half
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 beef tomato, sliced
- Home-Made Mayonnaise (see Filippo Berio Mayonnaise)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp ground cayenne
- ¼ tsp dried oregano, basil and thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Place each chicken fillet between cling film and beat until even thickness. Brush with Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil.
- Combine all the dry spices and herbs together to make the spicy rub and sprinkle evenly on both sides of the chicken.
- Cook on the barbecue, 4-5 minutes each side. At the same time brush the cut side of the rolls with Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil and toast them on the barbecue.
- Serve the chicken in the buns with the shredded lettuce, tomatoes slices and mayonnaise.
Cooks tipsChange the flavour of home made mayonnaise, with either 2-3 tsp sun dried tomato paste added, or 2 tbsp coarse grained Dijon mustard.