Cherry Tomato Same Day Focaccia
Here is Filippo Berio & Peugeots same day Focaccia. We have got just what you need, for a light and fluffy focaccia…
This is such an easy bread, great for tear and share. Mix some Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and balsamic vinegar, sea salt, black pepper and dip the bread in, yummy!
Recipe by Stacie Ma https://staciemaphotography.co.uk/
- 650g strong white bread flour
- 350ml lukewarm water (depends on the flour, you may have to adjust this)
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 6-8 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp butter to grease the baking pan (or line the dish with baking paper)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 hand full of cherry tomato
- Sprigs of rosemary
- Mix the flour, yeast, water, 1 tsp of salt and 4 tbsp of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, mix it all together well. Use one hand to stretch and fold the wet dough for a few minutes. No need to knead it on a flat surface.
- Grease a Peugeot baking dish with butter, add 2 tbsp of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil in the greased dish, scoop up the dough and place it into the baking dish. Cover the dough with more olive oil and sort it to a neat shape.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth (You can put two metal skewers on top of the dish to stop the cloth contacting the dough), and leave it in a dark and warm corner to rise.
- Once the dough is risen, drizzle more Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top, sprinkle some sea salt flakes and mill some fresh black pepper on top as well. Then poke dimples on the dough.
- Dot around some cherry tomatoes, garlic slices and rosemary leaves (massage them in Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil first to stop them burning in the oven) in those dimples.
- Bake it in a preheated oven gas 6, 200 ˚C, fan 180˚C, for 30 minutes.