Carmela’s Mascarpone, pea & lemon ravioli with Olive oil & wild garlic flowers.
The simplicity of filled plump ravioli elevated with a seasonal floral flourish.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 300g pre-made egg pasta dough
- 250g mascarpone
- 250g peas, blanched
- 70g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 1 lemon, zest
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Salt & pepper, to season
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra virgin olive oil
- 40g butter
- 40g pine-nuts
- 70g frozen peas
- ½ lemon zest
- Wild garlic flowers, optional
- 40g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Prepare the filling. Add all on the ingredients into a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds until you have a textured filling.
- Taste and season to suit your taste. Pop the filling into the fridge until required.
- Cut the dough in half and roll the pasta dough out to the thickness of level 6 on your pasta machine. Add teaspoon amounts across the length of the pasta sheet and fold over the remainder of the sheet.
- Remove the air and seal each pasta mound with a stamp to secure.
- Pop the ravioli onto a tray dusted in a little semola.
- Whilst the pasta cooks, make the quick sauce.
- Place a large pan of water onto boil, once boiling, salt well. Cook the pasta for 4 minutes until aldente.
- Into a sauté pan add the extra virgin olive oi and the butter, allow the butter to melt over a medium heat, then tumble in the pine-nuts and peas. Stir.
- Season with salt and coarse black pepper.
- Squeeze in the half of lemon juice and stir.
- Add 3 tbsp of the starchy pasta water into the pan of sauce followed by the ravioli.
- Shake the pan lightly to emulsify the sauce along with the pasta.
- Spoon the pan and sauce onto four plates and add a few wild garlic flowers to the top along with a light dusting of Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Finish with an extra drizzle of Filippo Berio Olive Oil and enjoy.