Sides & Salads
Carmela’s Asparagus Frittata
Seasonal and speedy with complete versatility. Perfect as a side, part of a picnic, garden party or as the main star attraction. A fantastic frittata acts as the perfect base that will pretty much love anything you add to it. I tend to find that a frittata makes a great end of the week fridge clearer! Here is my classic British asparagus and shallot savoury love.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 banana shallot, peeled, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g asparagus, chopped
- 8 large free-range eggs
- 90g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 10 Lemon verbena leaves
- 1 tbsp marjoram
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Pour the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a frying pan and add the shallots. Fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic and stir.
- Tumble in the chopped asparagus and fry for 3 minutes. Season with a little salt.
- Into a bowl crack in the eggs, grated Parmigiano, lemon verbena, marjoram and season with salt and pepper. Whisk well with a fork to incorporate.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Mix around and allow the egg mixture to set in the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes then place a dinner plate over the frittata and tip upside down and slip it back into the pan and finish cooking for a further 3 minutes.
- Once cooked, place the frittata onto a wooden board and slice. Serve with a seasoned room temperature tomato salad drizzled with Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.