Caramelised Vegetables Bruschetta
Bruschetta is Italian fast food. The base is simply griddled sourdough bread, rubbed with garlic and drizzled with Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This is delicious enough on its own, but can be topped with just about anything! We have four Italian favourites to share.
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 large red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 2 large red onions, skinned and cut into wedges
- 30g capers
- Small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 150g ricotta
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Whisk together the olive oil, sugar and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Add the pepper, onion and coat well. Transfer to a baking tray and roast for 20-30 minutes until caramelised.
- Remove from the oven, place in a bowl and stir through the capers and parsley. Season to taste. Spread the ricotta on the base and top with the vegetables.
Cooks tipsBefore serving Bruschetta, always finish with a good drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.