For the base:
- 175g strong, white plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fast action yeast
- 150ml warm water
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- To make the dough put the flour, salt and yeast into a bowl. Add the warm water and Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil and stir the mixture by hand until it forms a soft dough. Continue to beat for 2 minutes.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead the dough for about 5 minutes until it becomes silky and elastic, place in an oiled bowl and cover with oiled cling film. Leave in a warm place until double in size, for about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the filling. Slice the onions and cook very gently in the 3 tbsp of Filippo Berio Classico olive oil with the sugar for about 25 minutes until soft and translucent, but not browned.
- Stir in the Filippo Berio balsamic vinegar and remove from the heat.
- Heat the oven to 220ºC/425ºF/Gas Mark 7.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead again for 2 minutes. Divide into two then roll out each piece to a diameter of approximately 12.5cm, making the edges slightly thicker than the centre, and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Spread the onions over the dough, sprinkle with rosemary. Cut the courgette into small cubes and scatter over the onions with the cherry tomatoes, dot with small pieces of cheese. Drizzle each with an extra teaspoon of oil then bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes or until the dough is well risen and golden.