Categories: Sides & Salads
For the salad:
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100g French bread, cut into cubes
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 sweet romaine lettuce, washed
- 50g can anchovy fillets in olive oil
- 25g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- First make the croutons: start by heating the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large frying pan. Add the bread cubes and fry for 4-5 minutes over a medium heat, stirring until the croutons are golden. Place in a large bowl.
- Tear the lettuce into large pieces and add to the bowl. Drain the anchovies, reserving 2 tbsp of the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the dressing. Dice the anchovies and add to the lettuce with the Parmesan cheese.
- Place all the dressing ingredients and anchovy oil in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the dressing to the salad bowl and toss until well coated. Serve immediately.