- Filippo Berio Classico olive oil
- 350g pancetta cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 dried chilli, seeded and chopped
- 100ml red wine
- Filippo Berio Gran Cru Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g bucatini
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat the Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil in a large frying pan and add the pancetta. Fry until crisp then remove the pancetta from the pan.
- Now add the onion to the pan, season with a pinch of salt and sauté until soft.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further minute, stirring frequently. Splash with the wine and Filippo Berio Gran Cru balsamic vinegar and let it bubble away to reduce by half. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and cook on moderate heat for about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the bucatini as per pack instructions.
- Drain thoroughly and then add the pasta to the frying pan. Add the pancetta and cook for a further 2 minutes on a low heat, stirring continuously.
- Serve with plenty of Parmesan cheese.