Breads, Pizza & Panini
Bruschetta with Tomato & Basil
Tomato and basil Bruschetta is the most well known and classic bruschetta toppings, and for good reason, it's one of the tastiest!
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 0 mins
- French bread or Ciabatta loaf
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 8 ripe plum or vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 8 tbsp Filippo Berio Basil Flavoured Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves to garnish (optional)
- Mix the diced tomatoes with the Basil flavoured Filippo Berio Olive Oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toast (or grill on barbecue) 12 thick slices of bread from the ciabatta loaf or French stick.
- Rub with garlic while still hot then spoon on the tomatoes.
- Scatter basil leaves on top (optional).