Broccoli Pesto with Penne
Originating in the beautiful coastal city of Liguria, pesto is the perfect flavoursome sauce to make at home when your short of time as you only need a few ingredients. For this dish we’ve used a creamy broccoli and hazelnut pesto which gives it a fantastic vibrant colour. The perfect way to get your greens into a midweek meal that even the kids will eat!
- 200g wholewheat penne pasta
- 200g broccoli florets
- 30g fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 25g roasted hazelnuts
- 60ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Zest 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water for about 10 minutes, or according to packet instructions, until just tender. Drain, reserving 4 tbsp of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the warm pan.
- Meanwhile, cook the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Place the broccoli with the remaining ingredients, in a food processor, and blitz until finely chopped, adding the pasta water to loosen it. Season to taste.
- Stir into the pasta in the pan and serve immediately in bowls, with freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.