Braised Baby Vegetables
A great way to give otherwise boring vegetables a sweet and delicious taste!
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 100ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 700g mix of baby leeks, carrots, courgettes and fennel
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio white wine vinegar
- 225g vine cherry tomatoes
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Zest of one lemon
- 4 slices of white sourdough or ciabatta
- 4 slices of Parma ham
- In a large deep sided frying pan, add 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive oil. When hot but not smoking add the garlic for one minute.
- Add all the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the tomatoes and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the Filippo Berio White Wine Vinegar and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the stock and tomato puree and add the remaining olive oil and lemon zest. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Brush the bread with Filippo Berio Extra Virgin olive oil and griddle on both sides. Serve the vegetables with the bread and slices of Parma ham drizzled with a little Filippo Berio balsamic vinegar.
Cooks tipsIf you can’t get hold of baby vegetables just swap for vegetables cut into even sized pieces.